Saturday, August 6, 2011

Bookmarks

Be sure and check out my sidebar for all the linky parties I will be participating in this week. I hope you will visit them.



Hello everyone and thanks so much for stopping by today. I wanted to share some bookmarks I made. I love to read and like having cute bookmarks and I often mark places in my cookbooks. Also, these would make cute gifts to add with a birthday card.





I have seen these bookmarks all over the internet and thought I would try my hand at them. The triangle shaped ones are my favorite as they just hug the corner of the page in your book where you want to mark. I have seen them as simple as snipping the corner of an envelope and using that to mark you place in your book, but I wanted to fancy mine up a bit. I used my Martha Stewart punch to embellish a piece of white cardstock and added this to the template I made. I just opened up the template in Printmaster and used a really pretty shiny cardstock I had on hand. This is a great way to use up all those scraps of pretty paper you might have on hand.



I made some embellishements with my Cuttlebug and added them to the finished bookmark along with a Jolee's dimensional sticker. Really dressed it up.



The above bookmark was made using the same template I just used by oval Nestabilities to give it a pretty scalloped effect. Added a cute jewel from my stash and called it good.









This one was made using a large paper clip bought from Wal Mart and cutting out the papers with my Nestabilities again. Love those things.

I even made one for my grandson using cardstock in his school colors.





Here it is on my bible. I think he might like using this in his AR books Ÿ



I thought you might like to have the template I made. I hope if you make some of these and use my template you will let me know so I can see the spin you put on them. Just click on the template and open to full size, right click and click on "save image as" to your computer.



Thanks again for stopping by. Hugz, Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment