Saturday, September 3, 2011

Candle & Tile Sets

One of my tile sets was featured over at Kristen's Creations. Thank you so much Kristen. I hope you will all go over and see the gorgeous creations Kristen creates Ÿ

This is a candle set I made for Terry's granddaughter Parker. You can click on any of the photos to see larger version.




Hello everyone and thanks so much for stopping by. First off I want to say that I am sharing this project on the blogs listed to the left of my blog and I hope you will visit some of them and see all the neat projects so many others are sharing.

Do you remember when everyone was making these candle and tile sets? About 5 yrs. ago, lol, and I'm just now trying my hand at them. Oh well... better late than never Ÿ Anyway, the picture above shows the items I used to make these. They are so super simple, inexpensive, fast and best of all CUTE. I made these for Christmas gifts. We mostly give money to our grands, but that alone is so impersonal so I always try to make them something special.

I bought the tiles at Home Depot for about 45¢ each. I used candles that are flameless for some of the sets that I purchased at Dollar Tree. They use 3 triple A batteries. Some I used the real 3x6 inch pillar candles purchased at Hobby Lobby for 1/2 off. Terry drilled a shallow hole in the top and I placed a tea light in the hole. That way you can burn your tea light and not damage the real candle Ü

This one is one of my favorites. I love the pretty lady and the saying. I made this one for my grandson's girlfriend. A private joke between us, lol.



This one is my favorite because of the fleur de lis. I might just keep this set for myself. For this one I used word art I had made on the computer and I used the tissue paper and heat gun method to apply the graphic to my candle. For the tile I printed out what I wanted on sticky back paper, ran it through my laminator and then applied it to my tiles.





This set I made for my granddaughter. She loves shopping so I thought this one would make her laugh. She certainly does make shopping look easy, lol.



This set I made for Terry's daughter, Kristi. She is the biggest LSU fan. I make her things all the time for her LSU collection. I made sure to make a batter operated candle for her so she can cut it on and leave it on her collection shelf.
I hope these little sets will encourage you to try your hand at them. If you have any questions just post a comment and I will get back to you.

Thanks again for stopping by and I hope you like the sets. Let me know. Hugz, Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment