Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chocolate Parfait in a Jar

Hello everyone and thanks so much for stopping by. I wanted to share what I made for my friend Jane's birthday. First of all is the card. Very simple, but cute Ÿ I just cut my cardstock the size I wanted and embossed it in the cuddlebug. Added a piece of flesh colored cardstock to represent the neck, added a "necklace" I made from stretchable cording and a little gold coin I had in my stash. When opened, I printed out the sentiment on the computer and added it as a liner for the card.


Jane is like me and loves chocolate. I made 2 jars of chocolate parfaits and 2 with strawberry shortcake. I made 4 jars so she can share them with her hubby Ü


The chocolate parfait is a chocolate brownie as the first layer, cool whip from a spray can so you can make a pretty swirl with it, chocolate pudding, then another layer of cool whip finished off with chocolate syrup. For the strawberry shortcake I began with a layer of pound cake, a layer of strawberry glaze, cool whip and then topped off with a fresh Louisiana strawberry.



I made tags to decorate the top of the jar lid. Added a piece of muslin fabric. I made little tags with the name of the dessert and attached it to the jar with the same gold stretchable ribbon I used on the card.

On each jar I added a cute pink spoon wrapped in a black paper napkin.


I made a cute little box to hold the jars with a tag added to the front.


Here is Jane's gift all bagged up and ready to give. I hope she likes it.


I had enough of everything left to make dessert for my brother and his wife who are coming for dinner tomorrow night. Now how is that for "killing 2 birds with 1 stone", lol.

I wanted to share the tag I used for the tops of the jars. You could add anything you wanted to the middle. This was graciously made and shared by MY SCRAPBOOKING CORNER. She has lots of cute things so be sure & visit her blog.


I just changed the color in Paint Shop Pro.

I hope you enjoyed this idea for a gift you could make for any age or gender. There are so many different treats you could use and decorate the jar any way you wanted.

Thanks so much for stopping by and please leave a comment and let my know you were here Ü

I will be joining the blog parties listed to the right of my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment