Friday, July 15, 2011

Ways To Use Doilies

Featured over at Frugalicious Me Thanks so much. Be sure & check out Tasha's blog Ü
Also featured over at Tales from Bloggeritaville. Thanks so much Leigh. Please go over and check out her great blog. You want be sorry Ÿ

Hello everyone and thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you will leave me a comment and let me know you were here Ÿ

Do you ♥ doilies? I ♥ doilies. There are soooo many different sizes, colors and shapes. They are very inexpensive. Besides using them for the obvious I would like to share today some different ways I have used doilies.


The above picture shows a pink doily that I bought last Easter at Dollar General for $1 for a package of 40 doilies. I cut one of them in half & decorated a half fold card with it. The picture color is awful, but that is a dark chocolate brown card and the pink doily looked really cute on it. Really dressed up a plain card.



The next picture shows a flowerI made using 2 4½ inch white doilies. I also added a vintage ear ring to the center. This was super simple to make & would be so cute to dress up a gift package. I got my inspiration for this at Life Made Creations. The one she made is adorable. She also shares really easy to follow instructions.

This next picture shows one of the rosettes I made and put in the middle of the doily. This would make a cute package decoration as well. If you want to know how to make the rosette check out THIS POST.


On this doily I just stamped a fleur de lis and heat embossed it. You would be limited only by the stamps you have that would fit inside the circle of the doily you wanted to use.



This picture shows some cupcake wrappers I made using a doily. They look soooo elegant. To make these just cut the border of a 9 inch. doily to fit around your cupcake and add a piece of double side tape to close it up. Fast and easy way to dress up your cupcakes.

I love this idea. I just ran the doily through my printer and added the monogram. You could print anything you wanted to go with the occasion you were using the doily for. Just tape your doily to a piece of printer paper, line up using your favorite graphics program. I had no problem running the doily through my printer, but do this at your own risk, lol.


I even used a doily to make the wedding dress for this card I made. I got the inspiration and inst. for this at Stamp-n-Design blog. Her card is beautiful and she shares great inst. & a free template. Jennifer over at TWO BUTTERFLIES blog gave me the inspiration for using a doily for the dress. Soooo cute. Thanks Jennifer.


This is the inside of the wedding card


This is the card I made for my granddaughter's 1st birthday. I used the pink doily to decorate the outside of the envelope. Her party theme was A Parisian Soire' and you can read more about it HERE.

Well, I hope this inspires you to try using doilies in different ways. If you have ways you use doilies please post them. Thanks again for stopping by. Hugz, Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment